What TED is...
In 1984, TED held its first conference about technology, entertainment, and design. Since then, TED has become one of the most well-known outlets for the discussion and sharing of ideas. TED's billions of views and thousands of talks have made it famous for its short, impactful talks, through which TED shares a diversity of "ideas worth spreading" with a global audience.
What TEDx is...
TEDx is a program developed by TED to support independent groups or individuals who want to bring TED-like experiences to their local communities through independently-organized events. In spirit of TED, TEDx brings people together to spark conversation and connection within a community. A typical TEDx event takes place within the span of a day, and it involves a series of short presentations and performances. During and after a TEDx event, members of the audience are given a chance to interactively engage in conversation with other audience members and speakers alike.
We would like to thank all of those involved in funding and sponsoring our 2015 event with particular mention for the following companies and organizations for their generous contributions:
- Cornell School of Hotel Administration
- Johnson Graduate School of Management
- Cornell Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
- Insomnia Cookies
- Student Assembly Finance Commission (SAFC)
- Student Agencies Inc.
- Cornell Public Service Center (PSC)
- Cornell University Program Board (CUPB)
- Cornell International Students Union